JUNGLE to say the least.
The School Nutrition Association has all the resources you need to make your celebration a success- marketing materials, toolkits, handouts, artwork and much more.
Find all of your NSLW information and resources here.
- Request for artwork: https://schoolnutrition.org/meetings/events/nslw/2021/get-started/
- Toolkit and Handouts: https://schoolnutrition.org/meetings/events/nslw/2021/toolkit-handouts/
- Marketing & PR Resources: https://schoolnutrition.org/meetings/events/nslw/2021/marketing-prresources/
- Share your celebration with SNA: https://schoolnutrition.org/meetings/events/nslw/2021/share-your-celebration/
Here are a few fun Market Basket ideas to incorporate into your celebrations!
1. Use clementines (376566) or oranges (376690) to make tigers! Use a permanent marker to draw a tiger face on the peel.
2. 411678 WG Animal Crackers- Use animal crackers to make a wild snack mix or to top a yogurt parfait.
3. Frost one of our Market Basket donuts with zebra, tiger, or leopard patterns.
Brighton Jetty Bakery
4. Do your kids love breakfast for lunch? Try bird waffles- 983058
5. Chili Owls- use your favorite chili recipe and add wings (crackers or a breadstick split in half), eyes (sour cream or mozzarella cheese) and a beak (cheese or orange pepper)!
A few more fun ideas:
- Grapes make egg-cellent snake eggs
- Carrots or Cheetos can be tiger tails
- Bananas are monkey treats
- Fruit roll ups can be jungle vines.
- Serving areas can be turned into jungle cafe's
- Staff can dress up like zoo keepers.
Don't forget to take pictures of your fun lunches, decorated serving areas, and NSLW celebrations and share them with us (firstname.lastname@example.org)- we love to see your fun!