Dreambox, an AEA Purchasing contracted vendor, is announcing alignment with Iowa Core Mathematics state standards..
Learn more here!
DreamBox® Learning provides a personalized math learning experience with lessons that differentiate content, pace, and sequence for the highest levels of student achievement. Driven by Intelligent Adaptive Learning technology, students benefit from a rigorous K–8 math curriculum that supports the Common Core and other standards, an engaging, game-like environment, and real-time feedback.
Special pricing has been negotiated for Iowa's schools through AEA Purchasing! Contact Kareem Smith for more information. Reference "IAAEA1" on all communication.
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Happy 2020! Another year has passed and as always, as a new year arrives, some things must come to an end to make room for other things to begin anew!
2020 brings about more than a few changes to our Technology purchasing program. We've got contracts that have expired as well as NEW! offerings to share! Keep reading for all the important details!
The following contracts expired on 12/31/19. These vendors did not participate in our 2020-2021 Statewide Technology Buy bid cycle OR were not selected for award.
- CDI Computer Dealers
- Coast to Coast Computers
- Innovative Office Solutions (formerly Brown & Saenger)
- NWA 3D
- Rick’s Computers
- Silicon Mountain Memory
- Tierney Brothers
Under our 2020-2021 Statewide Technology Buy solicitation, the following vendors will continue to partner with AEA Purchasing for specific items and/or a catalog discount:
- ACCO Brands, USA – awarded the GBC Discovery document camera, laminators, GBC laminating film and also 40% off their entire catalog of products.
- ByteSpeed – awarded 15% of the entire catalog of products, 15% off computers & peripheral equipment, 30% off RUCKUS and Juniper networking equipment and wireless solutions.
- Camcor – awarded 3% off their entire catalog of products. Camcor sells many items, and offers a large variety of STEM/STEAM products.
- FireFly Computers – awarded various models of HP & Lenovo 11” and 13-14” Chromebooks.
- Lightspeed Technologies – awarded 22% off their entire catalog of products.
- Midwest Computer Products – awarded 40-50% percent off Spectrum & Dukane charging carts, Lumens DC125 document cameras, Dukane iPad Document Camera Stands, Various Epson and BenQ projectors and lamps as well as 25% off Da-Lite Screens. Also awarded LABDISC, and Huddle Space products.
- Pyramid Paper Products – awarded batteries, laminating film (Bryce and Tamerica brands), some dry erase markers and many projector lamps.
- Scott Electric – awarded “Hop” brand laminating film, various projector lamps (some new and some with new bulbs in aftermarket cages).
- School Specialty -- Special pricing has been negotiated through this contract for many Califone products, computer accessories, headphones, Texas Instruments calculators, TechTubs, 3 ring binders, binding combs, and many dry erase markers.
New partners for the Statewide Technology Buy (under RFP/Contract number STB2020AEAPURCH) include:
- B & H Foto & Electronics – Shure wireless microphone system, 20% off cameras & equipment, 20% off Bretford furniture, video presentation cameras, 3D printers & supplies, & various video equipment. 20 to 25% off their entire catalog of products was also awarded.
- JourneyEd – awarded special pricing on various education related software.
- SHI International – awarded specific “Anywhere Charging Carts”, some computer accessories, digital storage devices, a Makerbot 3D printer, wireless network adapters, a few Epson projector lamps, and a few video related products.
- Troxell Communications – awarded Front Row classroom amplification system, various Bretford charging carts, a couple of Aver charging carts, Juice Mobile products, a few computer accessories, the VISIONU50 document camera, Dremel 3D printer, and a few Optoma projectors. They were also awarded 1-70% off their entire catalog of products.
Welcome to 2020!
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Complex challenges don’t have to have complex solutions.
It’s estimated that by 2030, 38% of jobs will be automated. By that time, there will be 500 billion connected devices in the world.
Plus, Houston…we have an engagement problem. Only 49% of U.S. public school students are engaged in school.
Coding and robotics represent an opportunity to engage students while preparing them to face the complications of the real world. And Pitsco Education is on a mission to make it easy for schools to bring these materials through our K-12 Coding and Robotics Continuum.
Our goal is to make it easy for schools to bring these materials to the classroom to create lifelong learners, successful professionals, and engaged citizens with a promise to remove barriers, to bring cutting-edge education technology into the classroom, and to help teachers find new, relevant ways to do what they do best.
Pitsco Education meets students where they are by delivering age-appropriate, hands-on solutions that enable all K-12 learners to thrive. Explore their Coding and Robotics solutions today!
Plus, AEA Purchasing members get 2% off their purchase of Pitsco products along with free shipping on orders of $100 or more, thanks to the AEA Purchasing/AEPA contract! All you need to do is enter promo code AEPA22 during checkout!