Monday, February 27, 2023
Vendor Feature: Flaghouse
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
February Highlights from AEA Purchasing
National Breakfast Week
National School Breakfast Week is coming March 6-10, 2023! Schools across the country will use this time to celebrate the importance of school breakfast and its impact on student health and learning. Did you know that almost 2.4 million school breakfasts were served throughout Iowa in 2022*? Check out our blog post which contains more resources and ten unique breakfast recipes/ideas celebrating this year's construction theme of "DIG INto School Breakfast." *(source: USDA FY 2022 Data)
Technology Program Update
Great things are happening within our Technology purchasing program. Click here to learn more.
Athletics & PE Supplies
Our Athletics & PE program covers everything your school might need to support your PE and extra-curricular programs. Click here to learn more.
Click here to gain access to a shared Google Folder with fliers and brochures from our vendor partners.
If you have any questions about how AEA Purchasing can be of service to you, please reach out to us! We'd love to help.
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Making the Most of Mardi Gras in the Cafeteria!
Monday, February 20, 2023
Vendor Profile: ClassLink
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Program Feature: Athletics & PE
Monday, February 13, 2023
Vendor Profile: Camcor
- Catalog Discounts
- Volume based discounts
- Free standard ground shipping for orders over $25
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
DIG INto School Breakfast
USDA defines a standardized recipe as the following, "one that has been tried, adapted, and retried at least three times and has been found to produce the same good results and yield every time when the exact procedures are used with the same type of equipment and the same quantity and quality of ingredients."
A quantity recipe is defined as "any recipe that produces 25 servings or more. However, quantity recipes are not standardized until they have been prepared at least three times with consistent results."
- Apple Spiced "Dump Truck" Cake - a spin-off of the ever so classic dump cake using USDA canned apples and whole grain muffin mix. Adapted from Healthy School Recipe's Apple Crisp USDA.
- The "Lumber Yard" Banana Split - using Dutch waffle sticks, build a lumber yard on the trays of your students, then top it with yogurt fluff, bananas, and fresh berries for an extra special treat.
- Deconstructed Mini Breakfast Tacos - Yummy salsa poached eggs, bacon, and queso cheese sauce piled next to mini flatbreads for kids to "construct" their own mini tacos. Includes optional garnishes of avocado and cilantro.
- "Bulldozer" Tot Bowls - next time you are cooking up some tater tots, take a look at them, don't they look like little bulldozers? LOL, Ok, that may be a stretch, but watch your kids bulldoze through these tater tots covered in country sausage gravy, eggs, and cheddar cheese.
- "Front Loader" Potato Skins - a play on "loaded" potato skins topped with USDA eggs, sausage links, melted cheese blend, and garnished with sour cream drizzle and sliced green onions.
- "Cement Mixers" is not a recipe but an idea to build your own Yogurt Parfait Bar. Call your yogurt choices "cement" and provide a wide array of "mixers" that kids can mix into and enjoy. The toppings can include homemade granola, cereals, graham cookies or crackers, crumbled muffins/donuts, and plenty of fresh or canned fruits.
- "Flatbread Truck" Breakfast Pizzas - a great way to serve up any combination of toppings on a platform you know kids enjoy.
- Egg in a Hole (Bagel) Breakfast Sandwich - This special dish was adapted from a recipe developed for and served to Iowa lawmakers for the School Nutrition Association of Iowa's Legislative Breakfast, held February 7, 2023, at the Iowa State Capitol. Give it a special name like "Nailed It" or "Hit the Nail on the Head." You do not even need to rename this one, knowing it will soon become a student favorite with its layers of yumminess.
Monday, February 6, 2023
How Proactive Asset Management Can Maximize Your Building Life Cycles
Friday, February 3, 2023
February Vendor Promos
What are you waiting for?
Check out our February vendor promotions today!
Content is added throughout the month.
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
The Statewide Technology Buy contracts were renewed in January and will be in place through December 31, 2023. These contracts include the following vendors and products:
- Lightspeed Technologies - 22% off entire catalog
- Camcor, Inc.- 3% off entire catalog
- Scott Electric - 5% off lamps – includes bulbs in aftermarket cages & also original lamps
- ACCO Brands USA, LLC - 40% off catalog
- JourneyEd.com, Inc - 6% off entire technology catalog
- Innovative Office Supplies - Batteries, varying sizes
Computers & Accessories
- JourneyEd - Hardware & Software
- Innovative Office Supplies - Presentation Remote
- Innovative Office Supplies - Digital Storage
- Midwest Computer Products - Elmo Models
- ACCO/GBC - Discovery 1100
Generic Office Supplies
- Innovative Office Supplies - Sanford Brand Markers
- Innovative Office Supplies - Universal 3-ring binders & Fellows binding combs
- Innovative Office Supplies - Digital Storage
Interactive Touchscreens & Accessories
- Midwest Computer Products -.BENQ Models
- Midwest Computer Products - Boxlight ProColor Models
Lamination Equipment and Film
- ACCO/GBC - GBC Laminator Models & Film
- Scott Electric - Hop Brand Film
- Scott Electric & Midwest Computer Products
- Midwest Computer Products - Epson Models
- Midwest Computer Products - 25% off Da-Lite Screens
- JourneyEd - Adobe, Microsoft, Nuance, Sophos, Symantec, TechSmith, VM Ware & More
For a complete list of technology vendors and products available through AEA Purchasing, click here. Got questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.